Monday, March 9, 2009

"You don't understand" part 1

Of all the words and phrases I hear on a day to day and case by case basis, I must say that the words "you", "don't", and "understand", combined to form the phrase "you don't understand", have to take the cake. Oh, and there's the occasional "nobody understands", which eliminates every man woman and child to ever walk the earth, plus all the other creatures in existence. Now, I have a bone to pick with whoever says this. From personal experience, I can say you're wrong. I know because I was wrong to say that too, God showed me something and I'm about to share it with you.

Here's the thing, GOD knows exactly what you are going through. Look in a mirror, He created you. Look around you, He created it all! God is all-knowing, He knows and understands exactly how you feel and what you're going through. In fact, He knew what you were going to before you went through it, the Word proves it.

9remember the former things of old;
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
10declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, 'My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose,'
-Isaiah 46:9-10


In other words, before it happened for us, it already happened in front of God. Remember, He has no time constraints, so He is not limited to a minute, an hour, a second, etc. The Bible says that to God, a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day. He exists in eternity, so therefore when a word is spoken through the mouth of God, to us it might not be a reality yet, but it's already in existence in eternity. Maybe I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself here, but that's something that blows my mind just thinking about it.

Now then, where was I? Oh yes, the "nobody understands me" phenomenon. Look, lemme tell you something, you might be right in saying "you don't understand" to someone, because you're probably right. That person probably doesn't understand your exact situation or circumstance, because they're not you. They don't deal with problems the way you do, their emotions don't manifest in the way yours do, and they might not have as short of a temper as you do, or they might not have had the same upbringing as you.

My response? SO WHAT. So what if nobody understands you? So what if your parents abandoned you? So what if you feel like you have the whole weight of the world on your shoulders and no one to help you? So what if nobody wants to be your boyfriend or girlfriend? SO WHAT? So what if your friends leave you hanging or mock you? SO WHAT?

When nobody understands you,
GOD understands you.
(Jeremiah 29:11)
If your parents abandoned you,
GOD will pick you up.
(Psalms 27:10)
If you feel like you have the whole weight of the world on your shoulders,
GOD carries it all.
(Isaiah 53:5)
If you don't feel loved,
GOD loves you.
(Romans 5:8)
If your friends leave you hanging,
GOD is always there.
(Joshua 1:9)
If your friends make fun of you,
remember who you serve!
(Galatians 6:7)

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment