Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sometimes, you've gotta be childish!!

So I'm sitting here in front of the computer screen asking myself "hmm, why haven't I written a blog in 2 months?" And then it dawned on me: because I haven't! Lol. And on that note, I decided to write something, so here I am. Question is, what am I going to write about? That's the thing with these websites, the sole purpose is to express yourself, vent in a way. However there are certain precautions one must take before writing anything and showing it to the world, you've gotta find a balance. That is, when it comes to writing personal things which is what most people tend to do. Unless you're sharing the Gospel, which to me, you shouldn't leave anything out. In fact there's so much to learn, so much to know about God that you pretty much have to share as much as you can as fast as you can. Christ is coming soon, people! Wake up!

I remember yesterday at work, a few of the kids came up to me throughout the course of my shift and were asking me if I was going to the rollerskating rink (My job was having a field trip with all the kids and were taking them out for a few hours; the rollerskating rink was their destination). And what really got me, was how many kids remembered that I wasn't going with them and why. It went something like this:

Kid: Hey Sol, you're not going to rollerworld with us?
Me: No, I can't it's friday
Kid: Ohhh right...you go to church on fridays I forgot
*KID WALKS AWAY*

Kid: Solmaria, how come you're not going to rollerworld??
Me: Well, I have church tonight
Kid: Oh yeaaa it's friday...but don't you wanna have fun?!?!
Me: Yes, and that's why I'm going to church. I have more fun worshipping God than anything else
Kid: yea, but..
Me: Listen! When Jesus comes to get His people, rollerworld is
staying behind, so you better believe that I gotta be ready at all times!
Kid: Huh? But I go to church
Other kid: Yeah, but she's a REAL Christian (I'm laughing at this point because this kids are unbelievable lol)
Me: Anyways, God is more important than rollerworld, I have church tonight, that's it.

So that was pretty much how my day went from the time I went til the time I left. It was crazy though, stuff like that happens so often where I work, sometimes we forget how much kids remember and how thoughtful they really are. Another thing that gets me, is no matter how defensive or aggressive a child gets, a child is still a child. They'll come up to you crying that somebody else pushed them or something, or they'll be excited that they got a 90 on an assignment in school that day, or they'll just do something totally unexpected that reminds you that they're still a kid. No matter how much of an adult a child will try to act, they'll do something simple that still implies that they're still growing, still learning, still trying to understand the world around them.

The Bible says that we have to be like children to enter the kingdom of heaven. And sometimes I ask myself, what does that really mean? There's so much we can learn from children, it's amazing. For one, how genuine they are. They'll come up to you and give you one of those hugs that even if you're having the worst day ever, you know things will be alright. They love from the heart, they put their trust in adults so much. If something is bothering them, they won't hide it, they'll let you know when they're upset! And if they've done something wrong, they'll come up to you and apologize for whatever it is they've done, and the next minute they're smiling and happy. I feel like that's one of the ways that God wants us to be like children, He wants us to be real, to be genuine and express ourselves to Him. To be able to tell Him "God, I don't like this!", whatever it may be...and to come into His presence and embrace Him, tell Him how much we love Him, how much we put our trust in Him, and how much He means to us.

I love God!!! =)

1 comment: